Welcome to the second semester of ceramics! This semester is about exploring, experimenting, and working hard!! Now that you have learned the basics of hand building and wheel throwing, you can now explore your own ideas on how to use clay as a creative medium.
Think back to semester 1, what projects did you enjoy most? What skills, ideas would you like to revist/explore?
How will I be graded this semester?
Studio Participation points, how do I get full participation points?
1. Be in class (if you are not here, you will not receive points)
*If you leave my classroom without my permission and a signed planner for any length of time, you will be marked unexcused. You will also lose studio points.
2. On time to class (inside classroom before bell rings)
3. Prepared with materials necessary for class including assignments
4. Working on assigned coursework “bell to bell”
5. Display positive behavior and follow East HS conduct guidelines
6. Use electronic devices appropriately and only at approved times
7. Clean up after yourself and assist with classroom cleaning jobs
Student choosen project each six weeks
Each six weeks, you will choose your best projects to be graded. Please do not take this home until it has been graded. You will need to meet with your teacher to discuss this project and the grade you deserve for this project.