Students will demonstrate an understanding of the printmaking process through the creation of a print showing an appreciation of music.
Music Printmaking lesson
Create a piece of artwork about music. This can be open to interpretation. The art piece could be about a specific song, a musician, or a redesigned album cover. Whether it is about a song or a musician, pick a type of music that you love.
Project Due Friday
What are we learning from this process?
7 Things You Didn’t Know about Hokusai, Creator of The Great Wave
1. He was originally destined for a career as a mirror polisher to the upper classes, not an artist.
2. He relocated 93 times and changed his name 30 times.
3. He was a born showman and a savvy self-promoter.
4. He also illustrated board games, drawing instruction books, paper lanterns, and cut-out dioramas.
5. He began his most famous work at the age of 70.
6. He produced a staggering 30,000 works in his lifetime.
7. His works shaped the course of the Impressionist movement.